Friday, September 9, 2011

Fun with Twine!

Over the past few months twine has quickly become one of my favorite embellishments to craft with! I started out with a sampler pack from The Twinery, and now I just can't get enough of the stuff. I use it on layouts & cards on a weekly basis these days. The only issue I had with my twine was how to store it. This is how I used to keep it stored and it was just not working out for me.


 Every time I would pull out some twine, it would become a tangled mess. I thought there must be a better way! Then as I was cleaning my scrap room one day, I found an extra "parts container" from Canadian Tire (cost about $4). I was trying to figure out what I could use it for and then the light bulb above my head went on! Twine!!! First thing I had to do was drill some little holes in the lid of the organizer. Piece of cake. I am a pro with power tools after all! Next (fun) (not!) step was to untangle all the twine and roll them into neat little bundles. (I cheated a bit and used my drill).


Once each bundle was neatly rolled up, I slid them off of the drill as neatly as I could!


Then I placed each bundle of twine into one of the storage compartments in the organizer.


The last step was feeding the twine through the holes in the lid. Easy peasy!


Now when I need some twine, all I have to do is turn my chair around and there it is hanging perfectly on my tool rack :)


If you haven't played with twine yet, or your stash is getting low, you MUST check out ScrapbookSteals.com today!! You don't want to miss this great opportunity to score some wonderful twine at an awesome price! And don't forget to check out their blog for some more great ideas on how to use your twine :)

Happy Crafting!
~Chloe

4 comments:

  1. I agree 100%... love the Twinery & I love your storage solution! WTG :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this storage solution! You always have the best organization ideas. Thanks for sharing (as always)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great idea on how to organize and store your twines. I'm looking forward to all your twine works.

    stretch mark removal cream

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really great idea for storing your twine. Mine are all wrapped around antique wooden bobbins and in a basket on my antique sewing machine. I love creative ways to store things. Thanks for sharing!
    Karen L
    karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete